Dessers Disappointed with Limited Super Eagles role



Super Eagles striker, Cyriel Dessers has expressed his disappointment with his limited role since his debut for the team in 2020.


Dessers, who scored an assisted as Nigeria won the Unity Cup in London last weekend, has only played in friendly matches for the Super Eagles. He was completely frozen out of action for a long period until his recent recall by Super Eagles coach Eric Chelle.


The 30-year-old Rangers striker scored as Nigeria defeated the Black Stars of Ghana in the semifinal of the Unity Cup and assisted in the final against Jamaica.

“It hurts sometimes. It feels disappointing,”  Dessers said via ModZero Sports.

“I’ve been in and around the squad for five years now, and I haven’t played an official game yet – just friendlies. I am going to say that hurts", he said.

He also regretted missing two Africa Cup of Nations tournaments.

“There are always a lot of different factors,” he said. “You have a few strikers, for example, Victor Osimhen who is the clear number one, and it always depends on form, on choices, on personal opinion.

“But I would say the two AFCONs I missed out on hurt because I felt like at that time with my form, I had a place in the squad. But it’s a big country, there’s a lot of competition, and we have a lot of good strikers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Search for Common Ground Trains Journalists on Peace Building

Nigeria Cannot Afford a One Party System

FIFA U20 World Cup: Argentina Await Flying Eagles Battle in Round of 16